Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I Lament at the State of Men

Terrorism...war...bloodshed...these have always angered me, saddened me and made me thoughtful of philosophies of life. This poem was written in just another instance of such a mood.

I Lament at the State of Men (22-03-2001)

O what has human history been?
But wars and wars (some peace between).
“That’s nature, boy”- some say to me.
To kill and die, to drive and flee?
Why isn’t then blood our staple diet,
That runs in streams in every riot?

While millions hungry beg for alms,
Millions are spent trading in arms.
Our brains have grown in content, sure.
But hearts are still so immature.

I’m restless that we’ve sailed so fast
Through many a sea of science, full mast.
Playing with all the catch is fun,
As is to a child with a loaded gun.
Such risks are what we humans face,
Unless we grow-up, as a race.

I think, as I spend life at ease,
Any time these peaceful days may cease.
Disturbed and sad from all I ken,
I lament at the state of men.

3 Comments:

At 11/24/2005 2:57 am, Blogger Dijas said...

Touching....

 
At 12/26/2005 10:14 pm, Blogger SG said...

Great. Quite thought provoking.
Here are my views:

Stepped into the world of physics
With the projectile motion.
Read it restlessly till the Nuclear Physics.

Earn my wages because of Internet & Computer.
Encryption is my newly found love.

Strange enough that none of this could have been in world
Had there been no wars.

I dont know if I should be thankful to wars.

--Alpha0
Geek Heads

 
At 2/14/2006 3:47 am, Blogger SG said...

Kahan ho bhai?
Scrap, mail na koi sandesh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home