Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Castle

I had realized pretty early in life that "we are responsible for everything that happens in our life". And most of the time, things don't work out because our dreams were big, but our plans were small. Our aspirations were high, but our resolve was weak. This poem was a lesson from my heart to my mind to be careful of how it planned for my life.

My Castle (27-11-1993)

A castle great in size and style
It was my wish to own.
And hence I built a castle great
With halls and walls of red sandstone.
As was my wish, its doors were high
(Their beauty magnified
By flowers and vines of ivory
Entwining on all sides).
I had all its windows done
In golden architrave,
And valence which in silk was spun,
And which in wind would gently wave.

But a single folly, basic though,
Was somehow committed by me,
For which I am sorry now
And sorry all my life will be;
No sooner than I had it made
So grand, so good, beyond compare,
That it had a disastrous end
For it was built in air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home