Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Scotland

It was the August Bank holiday and I went for a three day trip from London to Scotland. I was so impressed by its natural beauty that I did what any poet would do. Read on. This is one of the most popular ones among my friends.

Scotland (27-08-2000)

O Lord all praises are to thee.
Ah! What a beauteous country.
It’s August now, and all is green-
Nothing as splendid have I seen.

In these wondrous peaks I see
Heights of grandeur and beauty.
Each valley that in awe I spy
Doth look like a cup of joy.

Amongst many a Scottish hill
Are castles- ruined, yet stately, still.
O hear! On winds, amongst the vales
Come enchanting medieval tales.

No Scottish landscape is complete
Without these lochs- a visual treat.
These waters lovely, deep and calm
Like a maiden’s heart, have a wondrous charm.

These waters- clear, silent and still
Reflect each majestic mountain, hill.
O hear! Upon the lowly breeze
Sail tales of monstrous mysteries.

Three days that I have spent in here
Shall remain with me, ever so dear.
These splendid sights again to see,
O Scotland, I’ll return to thee.

2 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 6:05 am, Blogger Dijas said...

Sublime

 
At 12/26/2005 10:17 pm, Blogger SG said...

Hey Tanveer,
Thanks a tonn for finally putting the poems and offering for free.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home