Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Aspirations

This poem came after an Interview I had attended. The interviewer asked what I wanted to be in life. Well, I gave him some standard answers (no wonder), but started to reflect on that question later on that day. This poem paraphrases some of my aspirations- in fact my ambitions- of how I want to lead my life.

Aspirations (25-1-1999)

My head as high as it can be,
Not down with shame or low with guilt;
Living a happy and honest life,
On love and kindness built.

My countenance shall not display
The slightest tint of sad bemoan;
And all the while I shall keep
A heart of love, not that of stone.

I'll grow unto me strength enough
To be human in thought and deed;
To lend my hand to fallen ones
And hungry ones feed.

Good to friends and to family true,
Love and be loved by one and all.
Free from burden of sin and vice,
Never from heights of goodness fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home