Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Survival of the Fittest

During my 12th standard, I was POOR in maths. However, I realized that I need to get better if I had to get into Engineering or else I will be filtered out in the entrance exam- a place where the Darwinian notion holds sway like nowhere else.

Survival of the Fittest (1992)
Lost in an ocean, far from the land
Afloat was a ship with a broken helm.
Though many a fatigued hand did command,
Every inch of the ship disobeyed them.

The angered skies- they roared and poured
And blew such winds that rocked that craft;
That tore the sails and broke the panes
And cleaved the bow, and broke the shaft.

Walls of waves fell on the ship,
Sweeping away all the crew’s hoard;
Breaking and cracking the mast and the hull
And washing the vulnerable overboard.

And then though the storm slowly died,
The ship reached the ocean floor;
And down with it went most of the men,
Save those who could swim to the shore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home